With more than 40 years of combined legal experience, the attorneys at Righetti · Glugoski, P.C., can help you understand your rights and recover compensation for the unlawful actions of your employer. We have extensive experience handling labor claims seeking unpaid wages and benefits such as overtime, meal and/or rest breaks, vacation, misclassification, expense reimbursement, off the clock work, etc. From our offices in San Francisco, our firm represents individuals throughout California.
Your Employer Might Not Want You To Know Your Rights, But We Do
Since labor is the single largest controllable expense in any company's budget, employers often attempt to get more work out of their employees without properly compensating them for it. You can rarely count on your employer to inform you of all your rights. At Righetti · Glugoski, P.C., we are pioneers in the field of class action litigation. Our attorneys will tell you exactly which rights you are entitled to as an employee. For example:
- You may be entitled to overtime pay if you work more than eight hours a day or 40 hours a week, even if you are a salaried employee.
- Your employer must provide appropriate off-duty meal and rest breaks to most nonexempt employees, and must pay additional wages for each day a meal or rest break is skipped or missed.
- Your employer cannot ask you to work off the clock, such as showing up early to prepare for your shift or staying late to clean up. Any time the employer exercises control over you is time you are entitled to be paid under California law.
- Your employer cannot round time to your disadvantage when you are required to punch in/out on a time clock.
- Your employer cannot misclassify you as an exempt employee to avoid paying you overtime. Common misclassified positions include salaried retail positions, sales and/or delivery positions, computer or IT professional positions, independent contractor classifications, and bank, insurance and stockbroker positions.
We Offer Free Consultations And Contingency Fees
Located in San Francisco, our lawyers represent classes of individuals throughout California with wage and hour complaints. Your initial consultation is free and we take all cases on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge attorneys' fees or costs unless we collect on your behalf. Call us at 415-983-0900, toll free at 800-447-5549 or contact us online to learn more.
Se habla español.